There is always something happening at the Great Little Trains of Wales.
A complete list of events for 2018 is available HERE.
- September 14th - 16th. Welsh Highland. Super Power Weekend. Celebrating the 21st anniversary of the commencement of services between Caernarfon and Dinas beginning the rebirth of the Welsh Highland Railway. We also hope to be able to give you a first glimpse into the new station building at Caernarfon. There is plenty of activity including extra trains and we welcome a special visitor, ‘Lyn' , the new locomotive from the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in Devon (more information here ). Further details HERE.
- Thursdays in September. Talyllyn. Victorian Train. The Talyllyn Railway is probably alone in being able to run its original passenger train dating from the 1860's, and invites you to enjoy a guided tour travelling in this unique train. The guide will travel in your carriage for part of the journey, pointing out interesting features and answering questions. Stops for lunch, photographs, forest walks and more Further details HERE.
- 15th & 16th September. Welshpool & Llanfair. Teddy Bears Weekend. Bring your teddies, spot their friends in the woods along the line, and meet Big Ted for treats at Llanfair.Children who bring a Teddy and a paying adult with them travel free! Further details HERE.
- 22nd & 23rd September. Welshpool & Llanfair. Vintage Trains. Travel on replicas of our original 1903 Great Western liveried bogie carriages, with goods wagons and brake van attached, and watch the shunting at each end of the trip. The 'Vintage Trains' depart Llanfair Caereinion at 11:10 and 14:45, or from Welshpool at 13:05 and 16:20 (no return train available from Llanfair Caereinion). Our other departues on the day will be hauled by one of our other steam locomotives, with passenger accommodation in our regular Austrian and Hungarian carriages. Normal fares apply on all trains. (Member's free travel not valid on the vintage trains) Further details HERE.
- October 5th, 6th, 7th. Ffestiniog. Vintage Weekend. The Ffestiniog Railway is a living museum. We have been running passenger trains since Victorian times and many of those older vehicles have been lovingly preserved, so what better way to show them off than to have a weekend dedicated to that wonderful era? Come along, take part, dress up or just soak up the nostalgia - further details will be published as soon as they are finalised.
Advance Rover Tickets are available to purchase here . Further details HERE.
- October 27th. Welshpool & Llanfair. Halloween. Further details HERE.
- October 27th. Vale of Rheidol. Monster Ball. Its Halloween - a time for trick or treat but not anymore as the Rheidol Railway has a ghostly trip for adults only. Join us on the ghoulish steam train journey through the Rheidol Valley to the Hafod Hotel, Devil's Bridge for spookily live entertainment and buffet. Take your inspiration from creepy corpses, vamped up vixens or Dia de Muretos anything goes at the Monster Ball! Live performance by local band Smokin Guns . Strictly over 18's / Creepy costumes a must!! Book early to avoid disappointment. Please note it is only possible to join the Train from Aberystwyth station. Further details HERE.
- Saturday October 28th - 31st. Llanberis Lake. Halloween Hunt.
Dare you ride the ghostly train through the Witches Woods to seek out the spirits and spooks?
Further details HERE.
- Monday 29th . October - Wednesday 31st. October. Talyllyn. Halloween Steam & Scream. Join us, if you dare for a spooky trip for all ages into Dolgoch Woods. Why not come in your scariest fancy dress? Humans are also allowed!. Further details HERE.
- October 29th, 30th, 31st. Halloween Ghost Trains. Join us for a frightfully good trip up the Rheidol Valley! Watch out for things that go bump in the night! Train departs Aberystwyth at 6:00pm and returns to Aberystwyth between 9:15 and 9:30pm . A Halloween feast will be served at Devil's Bridge station (included in the price). Book early to avoid disappointment. Further details HERE.
- 27th & 31st. October . Bala Lake. Halloween. We are running these very popular trains again this Halloween. Dare you ride the ghostly train to the witches coven? Will your train make it through to the end of the line or will one of the ghosts or spectres force it to turn back? There's only one way to find out, join us for an evening of storytelling and ghoulish fun. This event is only mildly scary and is suitable for the whole family. Booking Advised. Further details HERE.
- 25th, 26th, 27th, and 31st October . Ffestiniog. Halloween Trains. Our ever-popular Halloween trains are back again this year - with four evenings of Fiendish Family Frolics; filled with creepy costumes, crazy capers and chilling competitions... Trains run from Porthmadog (FR) on October 25th 26th and 27th, and Caernarfon (WHR) on October 31st only. . Further details HERE.
- 27th October. Welsh Highland Heritage. Halloween. Our ever- popular Halloween event with ghosts and spirits taking over the railway. Mu ha ha ha! . Further details HERE.
The Great Little Gift!
Valid for 2018 Season
For just £10 bring a smile to every train enthusiast’s face! Buying the Great Little Trains of Wales Discount Card entitles the holder to 20% off one adult full round trip fare on normal timetabled trains on the participating Railways listed on the card- which is valid for one year from the first date of use (Terms & Conditions apply).
We have also arranged discounts for Great Little Trains of Wales Card holders with selected accommodation providers close to many of our member railways! This makes the card a real bargain and the perfect present!
More details HERE.