The Great Little Trains of Wales
There is always something happening at the Great Little Trains of Wales.
A complete list of events for 2018 is available HERE.
- May 12th. Welsh Highland. Caernarfon Food Festival. Caernarfon will become that little bit tastier in May as the town's third annual food festival kicks off with an impressive starter, mains and dessert of stalls, events and demos! Running on May 12th and stretched across the Slate Quay, Y Maes and Stryd y Plas, there will be over 70 locals food stalls drawn from across the regions of Gwynedd, Clwyd and Ynys Mon. There will also be various shows held over the weekend. Helping you get to and from the festival is our enhanced train service giving you more time in the town. Further details HERE.
Tuesday 29th May. Talyllyn. Murder Mystery Train. Whodunnit at our Murder Mystery night, who has come to a sticky end at the Great British Bump Off? Further details HERE.
- May 18th -20th. Welsh Highland. Rail Ale Festival. The Welsh Highland Railway Society's Real Ale Festival – Cwrw ar y Cledrau / Rail Ale – will this year take place from May 18th - 20th. This year's Festival, which will be the fourteenth of this now highly successful happening in the Railway's calendar of events, will comprise the usual eclectic mix of a fine selection of real ales and ciders, combined with a variety of music, fine food and of course steam hauled trains. Further details HERE.
- May 26th. Welshpool & Llanfair. Fish & Chips Train. Travel on the special evening train from Llanfair Caereinion; at Welshpool we will serve your choice of meal to enjoy on the return journey, with a pause at Castle Caereinion for a tub of delicious dairy ice cream. Advance booking essential.This special train will operate in addition to our daytime service. Ordinary fares apply on our daytime service, but special fares will be applicable on the evening Fish & Chips train. Further details HERE.
- Saturday 26th - Monday 28th May. Bala Lake. GLTW Model Railway Show.
Welcome to the third Great Little trains Model Railway exhibition in the town of Bala in a new and re-furbished school. Located in three halls with easy access, free parking, full refreshments and a free vintage bus service linking the exhibition with the Bala Lake Railway. Additionally there is a vintage transport show taking place at the railway on Sunday and Monday.
Further details HERE.
- Sunday 27th. May, Monday 28th May. Bala Lake. Festival of Transport. The Festival will feature a selection of vintage and classic tractors, motorbikes, cars, rally cars, stationary engines, classic Landrovers, fairground, military and large scale models. Trade stands and refreshments available. Car parking for the Festival of Transport will be in Llanuwchllyn Village with a free shuttle bus to the show. Please note parking at the station will be for railway passengers only. Further details HERE.
- 31st. May. Bala Lake. Evening Excursion. Jacket potatoes cooked in our very special way inside the smokebox of the engine as it chuﬀs along the lake. We'll stop on the way back to enjoy the food, including dessert.
Further details HERE.
The Great Little Gift!
Valid for 2018 Season
For just £10 bring a smile to every train enthusiast’s face! Buying the Great Little Trains of Wales Discount Card entitles the holder to 20% off one adult full round trip fare on normal timetabled trains on the participating Railways listed on the card- which is valid for one year from the first date of use (Terms & Conditions apply).
We have also arranged discounts for Great Little Trains of Wales Card holders with selected accommodation providers close to many of our member railways! This makes the card a real bargain and the perfect present!
More details HERE.
Back to the top.